Monday 3 January 2011

Call for artists


I once wrote a story called Puss In Boots. The male character was a prince who had been bewitched and turned into a half man - half cat. He had the ability to stand upright and walk on two legs and articulate his feelings and thoughts, but his body was feline, i.e. covered with hair and he had a tail. I have not made mention of his facial characteristics in my story so they are open to interpretation as long as they hide his humanity.

I was wondering whether someone could bring this character to life - just for fun.

Imagine Puss dressed as a footman. Prior to becoming a footman he made a pathetic living as a highwayman (although a bedraggled one) complete with a feather on his hat and of course ... boots (I have a thing for men in boots... yummy!) Contessa rescued him from the streets and gave him a job.

You could masquerade as Puss in Boots and take a picture of yourself or you could do a drawing. Or if you are good at photo manipulation you could create a make-belief creature using technology. Anything goes!

I am afraid there is no reward for your efforts other than to be featured on my blog along with the story and a link to your website (professional or not) featuring your artwork.

I'd like to put this story up on my blog before the month is out, so if you are interested and have any questions, please get in touch. (At the same time, if any of the stories on my blog inspire you to make a drawing/picture that is relevant to the storyline and you wish it to be considered, feel free to contact me.)

Thanking you in advance

Contessa

No comments:

Post a Comment