Monday 8 November 2010

Savoir Vivre

It was a small dark green cloth-bound book. The shiny letters on its label read Savoir Vivre. 'What's this?' I asked my father when he handed it to me.  'This,' he responded, 'is the combined knowledge of how to live your life well. Follow the rules and you'll be happy.'

I read the book.  It was about manners, the pillar of society. I vowed to live by its rules. And I did.

However, it is difficult to function in a society where manners have been suspended. We fought hard to reach the height of civilisation, but now we are on a downward trend.  There is this dreadful negative equalisation that threatens to swallow us up, and we must battle against it.

Maybe this is why I am Contessa dei Fiori and not some random Mistress.  On my pro website I described myself as 'a rare breed of Dominant'.

If you love manners, if you understand the savoir vivre, please make yourself known by adding a comment below. There is strength in union and together we can make a better world!

No comments:

Post a Comment