Saturday 25 December 2010

Chocolate 2

As promised to PateInduced, here is a pic of the Christmas log I made yesterday. Doesn't look as fancy as the shop bought ones, but it is my very first attempt. I had a bit of a mishap with the painting. Seems the food colouring one buys at the supermarket is not thick enough to paint with, as can be seen by the two holy leaves. Eventually it dawned on me to mix the colouring with some icing sugar to thicken it so it stays in the design and does not run off.


Happy Christmas, everyone! 


 

4 comments:

  1. The perfect log ... oh, slurp ... perfect yule logs in this case need eaten voids displayed--the innards. [Is that possible?]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about it after posting the picture. But maybe it would have been too pretentious of me to lay it out like a chef would have, showing the cut slice, and anyway I couldn't have done it because it would have been unholy to cut it before Christmas Day. Unfortunately, it's all gone now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete