Monday 6 December 2010

On a positive note

I have invited an old friend to spend the holidays with us. He is going through separation and I did not want him to be all alone for the festive season. He said he will try to come. He has gone blind since the last time we met and has some mobility problems.

This friend I am talking about was the first one to worship me as a Goddess and show me that not all men were cruel-hearted bastards. I recall the day he bought me my first pair of fetish shoes; how he and the salesperson were fighting over who would fit the shoes on my feet. It was such a novel situation to find myself in and I thoroughly enjoyed it! I have both tears and a smile on my face as I am remembering this.

I recently sent him a copy of my book that is yet to be published. He is mentioned in it a few times and I was interested in his feedback. Would he be upset or flattered? Turns out he was able to give me some really good and honest feedback. He described my book as a 'psychological drama' with 'erotic fiction' and a 'diary' all in one. Gosh, I've got so much editing to do! As you can imagine, when a subject is very personal, it is really hard to divorce yourself from it and treat it objectively.

Anyway, all is well when you have friends who care and who allow you to care back for them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment