Thursday 30 December 2010

Next Year

Next year will be better.
Next year I shall lose weight.
Next year I shall find a boyfriend.
Next year I shall go on a wonderful holiday.

Hmm, I see a pattern here. Always deferring happiness to the future - a future that never materialises.

There is an old adage: whatever you do on New Year's Eve will be what you do throughout the year. I tried to influence the forces of the universe once. Held a party for a few select friends hoping the New Year would be full of laughter, joy and togetherness. It was the night that he and she came together. It was the beginning of the end for me. That was 7 years ago.

Life is not perfect, but it's the only one we have; so, my friends, try to live for the moment and not for the future.

3 comments:

  1. Certainly, the better option is now rather than later. However, the holidays had me wishing for better--after discovery of a "very sick heart" as my cardiologist described it. Later is much better on some occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully the doctors can cure your condition. But it is definitely a wake up call for everyone, isn't it? Not good postponing happiness.

    As for later being a better option sometimes, I cannot for the life of me think what that might be. My slave used to tease me and say 'later' for my massage and it made me seethe. I am not a patient woman.

    Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply to point out a "later" rather than "now" desire as an advantage.

    Yes, the initial scare is past. One pill assures "no attacks"; one assures a tight leash to the loo; as does (it appears) a second pill. The fourth, I'm not sure about.

    I would never have guessed the problem from reading the symptoms, but I'm glad the Dr. understood my complaint.

    ReplyDelete