Monday 20 December 2010

Quiz

Question: What can you make with vanilla, brandy, and rose water?











Answer: Greek Christmas cookies! (a.k.a. kourabiedes)





I used to buy them from a Cypriot grocer, but they are a bit expensive, so I decided to make them myself using a recipe I found on the Internet.  I baked a batch this morning and the aroma filled the house. They are so melt-in-the-mouth, so decadently buttery and almondy. Ah! I don't think they'll last the night... much less make it into gift baskets for friends.

Now what shall I make next? Melomakarona? They are nice, but I am not too fond of honey. Would it be a sacrilege to substitute honey for sugar syrup? Hmm... we'll see.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained, as they say. :)

2 comments:

  1. You can get a vanilla guy drunk with the brandy and then use the rose water as an emollient

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Problem is: are there any vanilla guys left in this world?

    ReplyDelete